Thursday, September 15, 2011
I am so thrilled. I have just been awarded not one, but TWO Bloggy Awards! Is it uncool to be excited about this? Does it make me out to be a bit of a Billy-No-Mates that being given two Awards in one day has made me grin like a Cheshire cat? Who cares, I love it! I was half way through my effusive acceptance speech and practicing my smile in front of the mirror when I realized all I have to do is 'pass it on'!! So, first things first.
The very kind Callie Leuck passed on this Award to me. Callie is a professional writer (yikes! what's she doing reading my blog!) so go check out her blog as has she some great stuff there. The Liebster Blog Award is intended to 'show love to fellow bloggers with under 200 followers' (yup, that's me) and there are some simple rules:
1. Show your appreciation to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the camaraderie of the most supportive people on the internet other writers.
5. And best of all have bloggity fun and spread the love.
Apologies if any of the following have more than 200 followers. Okay - and the five nominees are ..... (drum roll) ....
1. Kerri Cuev - Kerri loves cats (what more do I need to say, as anyone who loves cats is okay by me) and True Blood (but who doesn't with all those hot men!) and has somehow got me involved in her next blog hop (I didn't even know what this was until last week, but watch out for more info in October). She says she is: "Conquering my dream of being published by writing one word at a time...Ummm while juggling kids, making mac-a-cheese, and finding the perfect boots to wear at my friendly farm." Please go and visit her.
2. Beth Kemp - Beth is a fellow Brit and has also not been blogging long (but a darned sight longer than me). She tagged me recently and I am delighted to return the bloggy love. She describes herself as: "Teacher of English to sixth formers by day, writer by night. I write kid's fiction with a magical/mythical feel." She has been very welcoming and supportive of this newbie blogger and her blog is really interesting so please drop by.
3. Kim Zook - Kim is another new blogging friend. I love her blog name (Zook Book Nook) as it is sooo Dr Seuss-like! She's a writing mama (another good reason) and highly adventurous if this description is anything to go by: "Although I've lived alone in a hut in the middle of a Costa Rican rainforest for two years, swayed in a high rise during typhoons in Japan, cycled up and down on Vancouver Island, and dodged in and out of D.C. traffic, the adventure of being a writer-mama is the most exciting ride of my life!" Think that's enough reasons to look her up.
4. Crystal Collier - Crystal is a fellow blog-hopper and has been so helpful to me during the writing of this latest adventure I'm on. I tagged her recently, but felt I wanted to give her this Award too for being so patient with me! She loves cheese (say no more) and has written a musical. Wow. And in a list of random facts she wrote about herself this was number 4 and it made me laugh: "My name is literally Chicken. Or was. C (first initial) + (maiden name) Hicken= C.Hicken." She is definitely worth a drive-by.
5. Paula Chapman - Paula is a fellow Writing Mama and an awesome (god, I love that word!) writer. She is funny and honest and her writing can make me howl with laughter or bring a lump to my throat. We performed together at a number of Writing Mamas Monologues and she is one of those writers who nearly makes me pee my pants! Go check her out!
Wow, this was a longer blog than I thought - perhaps I will save the second Award til later this week. Savour the moment a bit. Prolong the agony. Yeah!