Here are her 11 questions that she posed:
1) What book have you always wanted to read, but still haven’t gotten around to it?
Hmmm, let me see ... I've never read War and Peace, and only parts of The Karma Sutra.
2) What classic book do you feel is overrated? Why?
Jane Eyre - I was forced to dissect it at school and I hate it!
3) What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book? Least favorite?
Favourite(s): The first Harry Potter film - just magical. Pride and Prejudice the BBC series (Colin Firth emerging from the lake - yum)
Least favourite: Eat, Pray, Love - so disappointing.
4) Where is your favorite place to write?
My bedroom when the house is empty or the library (just need some peace and quiet and NO interruptions - yes, that means you, kids!)
5) Pen, pencil or computer?
Computer (only because it saves having to type it later).
6) What was your favorite toy as a child?
Cowboy and indian outfit (watched too many Spaghetti Westerns)
And a cuddly dog pyjama case (which I still have, btw).
7) What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
Having kids and not killing them ... yet!
8) If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one ability or quality, what would it be?
Oooh this is a hard one - just so many things I'd like. But if I can only choose one, it would be ... to have the ability to fly. How much fun would that be? It might even prevent me getting any more bloody speeding tickets (yep, just got another one.)
9) What are five songs you hate to admit you love?
- 'Bye Bye Baby' by The Bay City Rollers (can't believe I've just admitted to this)
- 'Evergreen' by Barbara Streisand
- 'Careless Whisper' by George Michael
- 'Ain't No Stopping us Now' by McFadden & Whitehead. There are better videos of this song, but this just makes me smile every time I watch it - the larger one (no idea whether he's McFadden or Whitehead) does this hilarious, happy dance and everyone seems to be having such a great time!
- 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' by Kylie Minogue. Just love this song - like McFadden & Whitehead, it makes me want to jump up and dance :)
10) Where is your dream destination, (or place you’ve always wanted to go)?
Omg there are so many - Italy definitely, but also Australia, New Zealand, Africa, China.
11) What are the top five things on your bucket list?
Swim with the dolpins (prefereably somewhere hot and beautiful, like Hawaii).
Publish my book.
Drive across America with my hubby, just stopping and staying wherever we felt like it.
Go on a weekend silent retreat (my sister, the Buddhist nun) is currently on a month long silent retreat. The thought of not speaking for an hour is scary so I can't imagine how terrifying a weekend would be, let alone a month!
Drive a Jaguar E-type convertible - fast (so obviously nowhere in California!).
Okey dokey - now for me to come up with 11 questions for 11 other bloggers:
1. What is your earliest childhood memory?
2. Tell us about a funny/embarrassing incident that happened to you?
3. What was the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend?
4. What is the name of your current WIP (and, briefly, what is it about)?
5. Who is your funniest book character?
6. Which hero/heroine would you most like to go on a date with (and why)?
7. Would you rather have your book win the Booker Prize but not sell many copies, or top the
NY Times best-sellers list and make you millions?
8. How often do you blog and why?
9. Which is your favourite blog?
10. What is the last music CD/download you bought?
11. List 5 things you are grateful for today.
Here are the 11 blogs I've tagged. Please go and say Hi and see what their answers were.
First Draft Cafe Bridget Straub Deanna Barnhart Raviolos & Waterworks
Jenny's Imaginary World Kirsten Pelfrey Writes An Alleged Author
Katie Gates: Stories and Opinions Sarah Ahiers Writes Randy Lindsay - Author In Training
Aloha! Mark Koopmans say hi from HI
Now for you. Don't think you've got away scot-free. Please pick one of my 11 questions and answer it in the comments. Oooh wonder which one you're going to choose ...