Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dragon Blog Hop and Sunshine Award

I am excited to announce that we have decided on a date for our Dragon Blog Hop - Thursday 29 March 2012. My lovely friend Kerri is organising it again and chose the theme of dragons to match the Chinese Year of the Dragon, and Crystal came up with this stunning badge. (Click here to see our previous blog hop, all about a Sea Monster.)


I also have to thank Kerri for giving me The Sunshine Award. Thanks :) Such a pretty one. The rules of this Award are:

  • Thank the person who nominated you (tick)
  • Write a blog post about it, linking back to person who gave you award (tick)
  • Answer the questions below (tick)
  • Nominate 10 other bloggers and let them know (this is the exhausting, time-consuming bit, to make sure I don't keep nominating the same ones - tick)

Favorite Color: Red and orange


The Cleopatra Look!

Favorite Animal: Cats
(As some of you might know, I am a tiny bit obsessed with cats, in a mad-old-lady-with-50-cats-smelling-of-cat-wee kind of a way and have even been told that I was once an Egyptian temple cat in a previous life. Well, I suppose that might explain why I like to sit and people-watch for hours.)

Favorite Number: 11
(I always thought it was weird to like the number 11 best and would sometimes say that 3 was my fav number instead, until we hit 2011 and then I decided it had a special spiritual significance ... ha ha ... perhaps I'm just a bit mad!)


Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coffee
(I am really trying to kick my addiction to coffee and have found an excellent iced green tea with Jasmine that I'm pretty hooked on now as well. Soon I am going to try to stop drinking coffee altogether. I am dreading the day. I will become grumpy-woman-in-the-morning. I think my family are dreading it too.)


Facebook or Twitter: Facebook
(Still can't quite get to grips with Twitter - does this make me an old fart?)


My Passions: Writing, laughing, music
(I am loving earning my own money again as I have been able to indulge my addiction to buying CD's - oops, just bought 6 - my finger slipped, honest - shhhh, don't tell my husband.)


(This is Ed Sheeran, an excellent young British artist, whose CD I am eagerly anticipating in the post any day now.)


Getting or Giving Presents: Giving
(Although I must admit to loving getting them too. My family have always been really great present givers, and now my hubby is becoming quite excellent too - in fact, we saw The Kaiser Chiefs play at The Fillmore last night which was one of my fabby Christmas presents.)


 
Favorite Pattern: Stripes
(Always likes stripes. In fact, I'm a little addicted to stripes, which isn't always a sensible move when one is a tad on the love-handle side of having a figure good enough to carry them off.)


Favorite Flower: Sunflowers and daffodils
(Because they are both 'happy' flowers and do not require that I be any good at flower arranging, which I am not.)

Hmmm, re-reading my answers I realize I am obsessed/addicted to rather a lot of things. Sure that's not healthy. Better work on that. What are you addicted to or obsessed with?


Passing on the Sunshine to these bloggers:

Callie Leuck
Cherie Reich
Wavy Lines
Susan Oloier
David Powers King
Write Stuff
The Write Journey
Writing in the Crosshairs
Once Upon A Time ...
Mina Burrows

17 comments:

  1. An egyptian temple cat, geez trying to make the cat jealous? ..lol...but could you rhyme is the question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good look, isn't it? My rhyming skills are pretty poor as you know. Not up to your massively prolific standard!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the award, Claire! It may take me awhile to find ten people to tag :-) I love the picture of the cat. It's awesome! And it is always fun to learn about blogger friends. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Yes, I know, it took me a while too. But good to find some new blogs too :)

      Delete
  3. I completely understand the music thing. Luckily my hubby's a musician, so he buys and I listen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sure is a mesmerizing badge!

    Congrats on your Sunshine Award and thanks for passing it on to me!! I completely understand when your finger slips and you buy six too many CDs. That's what happens to me when I'm in the bookstore or an office supplies store, heehee!! ;)

    Hope you're having a great week, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Laura and please come back and enjoy the Dragon stories - should be fab.

      Delete
  5. Sweet! Thanks for passing some sunshine my way, Claire. I needed some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure - look forward to reading your answers.

      Delete
  6. The sound on that video is do beautifully clear. I am addicted to music. Thanks for showing me someone new!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award, and thanks for sharing so much about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #11 is my fav too! Thanks for my award. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Yay - us 11 people gotta stick together!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the award! And thank you for awarding me with it. Cats are awesome, and that's cool your favorite number is 11. Mine's 5. :)

    ReplyDelete