Sunday, April 1, 2012

A-Z Challenge: A - Apple


I am participating in the A-Z Challenge blog hop which is happening for the whole of April. The idea is to blog on a different letter on each day of April, except Sundays (the exception being 1st April as it is on a Sunday this year). Ok, so here goes.

A is for Apple

I got this lovely shiny red apple when I went to see The Kaiser Chiefs at The Fillmore recently. For those of you that don’t know, one of their very sweet traditions is to have a large tub of free apples for concert goers positioned near the entrance. And they are nice, crispy, juicy apples too. My son ate this one.



Also, when you leave (providing you don’t sneak out early to avoid the rush, as we did when we went and saw The Doors a couple of years ago) they give you a copy of the night’s psychedelic poster. How fab it that? It was printed on really good poster paper too.

Another tradition is a "greeter" who welcomes each guest as they enter with: "Welcome to the Fillmore!" and also “Thank you for coming to the Fillmore” when you leave.

Amazing. I love The Fillmore. What souvenirs have you got from bands you've seen?

20 comments:

  1. What a great idea to supply free fruit at a concert. I usually keep the programmes from concerts or any theatre trips I go on, even the amateur dramatic ones (which are usually great).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it a lovely idea. Especially as they are really good quality apples. Wow, where do you keep all your programmes then?

      Delete
  2. Have fun with the A to Z challenge. As for souvenirs, mostly just ticket stubs and programs that end up in the scrapbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free fruit to boot, that sounds like a neat idea to use to attract. Can't say I've ever even seen a band live, not many come around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somewhere I have a backstage pass for a Rod Stewart concert from many, many years ago and I have a framed poster from a Bruce Springsteen concert he did for charity. Other than that I generally save programs. I'm looking forward to going to see American Idiot this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I saw Rod Stewart years ago - he was excellent.

      Delete
  5. The A to Z challenge is looking good. I don't keep souvenirs from live concerts except those for my daughter (a classical violinist). But I still remember a Joan Baez concert from long ago. And I got to see the WHO from the 8th row before they broke up. Dazzling! Thanks for stopping by . . . I wouldn't mind an apple just now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the Who at Live8 in London - they were good, but not as good at Pink Floyd.

      Delete
  6. I'm suprised they don't say "Thank you for going..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. The apples sound like such a cool idea, we just saw Taylor Swift in concert a few weeks ago and that would have gone down so well with my 2 boys sitting there eating apples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it? Such a friendly thing to do and to still be doing it after all these years too.

      Delete
  8. a basket of fruit at a concert? I love that idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got an autograph from Aretha Franklin after her concert. But technically, I only saw her sing one song. That's the best I got.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's so cool that they do that there. :)

    ReplyDelete